- – Saving on nitrogen fertilizers. Rhizobacteria help soybean plants capture up to 250 kg of atmospheric nitrogen, of which 150 kg are consumed by the plant itself, and up to 100 kg remains in the soil for next crops in rotation;
- – Consistently high yields with the highest protein content;
- – A significant reduction in contamination Lower doses of herbicides can be used for weed control as atmospheric nitrogen does not “feed” the weeds, it is consumed by legumes completely and helps them grow stronger and outcompete the weeds;
- – There is less groundwater pollution with nitrogen fertilisers;
- – Yearly inoculation of soybeans provides effective rhizobacteria strains that are stronger and more active than the natural rhizobia living in the soil. Yield increase is in average 300 kg / ha compared to the control.
Selecting a right product
Reflecting on what kind of inoculant to choose the farmer should above all pay attention to the reputation of the manufacturer, and (in our country it is also important) the reputation of the seller (distributor). In addition, it should be kept in mind that bacteria are living organisms, the fresher the product, the greater its effectiveness. Inoculants are effective only when the amount of living micro-organisms is not less than 1 000 000 per seed, and only then there will be optimal nodulation. The use of high quality inoculants will result in yield benefits from 100 to 500 kg / ha compared with not inoculated control.
Today you can buy high quality sterile peat-based or liquid inoculants with a high titer of bacteria per g / ml in Ukraine. They contain stabilisers (biopritectors or extenders) which improve survival of bacteria on seed. Thanks to these stabilisers not only shelf life of the product can be increased but also simultaneous treatment of seeds with chemicals can be possible.
Treating and inoculating your seeds you should use only quality chemicals and sterile high concentration inoculants because the money spent on cheap and poor quality products is like a proverbial talent: vain are buried in the ground.
Your hryvnia properly invested in premium high-quality products not only returns but will surely bring considerable profits.